Space availability is limited.
Please check space availability on the WoodPEC Event Calendar
prior to submitting a reservation request via 25Live.
Visit our new Tennis Reservations website for tennis court bookings. Learn more here!
The WPEC facilities are available for Emory student organizations to reserve for meeting, tournaments, charity events, and other types of functions. However, these types of events are secondary to the primary function of the WPEC.
Events that are approved for use of WPEC space without a rental fee must be sponsored solely by an Emory organization or department and may not be co-sponsored by outside organizations unless special permission is granted by WPEC staff. Furthermore, events that include only Emory students may use WPEC space without a rental fee. Events that include only faculty, staff, or alumni and are not intended to serve the student poulation may be subject to rental fees.
Student organizations must submit requests to the Assistant Athletic Director - Facilities at least two weeks prior to their event. We strongly suggest that organizations sponsoring a large event; an event with a band; or an event with food, drinks or games, submit the request much farther in advance. All organizations must get approval from the Assistant Athletic Director - Facilities PRIOR to advertising the event. Cancellations must be received in the office of the Assistant Director of Athletics at least one week prior to the first date of the event, or the sponsoring organization will be responsible for paying a processing fee.
Events are classified as either Category A or Category B
- Fewer than 50 participants
- Serve no food or beverages (other than water)
- No music disk jockey or live band
- Require no deliveries by outside vendors
- More than 50 participants
- Serve any type of food or beverages (restrictions apply to types of food and beverages that may be served)
- Provide any type of music (disk jockey or band)
- Provide any type of games, booths, etc. that require deliveries by outside vendors
Category A events do not require the sponsoring organization to pay for a WPEC Building Supervisor to be on duty during the event. Category A events that are cancelled or changed inside of the two-week period will be charged a processing fee of $50.00.
Category B events will require the sponsoring organization to pay for a WPEC Building Supervisor to be on duty ($25.00 per hour) during the set-up, the event itself, and until all clean-up is concluded. Category B events that are cancelled or changed inside the two-week period must pay a processing fee of $100.00.
Student organizations must provide an Emory smartkey at the time they request a reservation. Request forms without an smartkey or request forms without complete information will not be processed, and the sponsoring organization will be notified by e-mail if the form is incomplete.
Specific Policies & Procedures for Reservations
- All requests must be received by the Assistant Athletic Director's Office at least two weeks prior to the first day of the event in order to be given consideration. Requests will not be considered until complete information is provided, including the Smartkey account number of the sponsoring organization. Changes to requests may be made by email to Mike Hyde or by submitting the form available via the above link to office 320E on level three of the PE Center.
- The Assistant Athletic Director - Facilities will notify the sponsoring organization’s representative within 3-5 business days by e-mail if the date is open and will tentatively schedule the group’s event. The group does not get final confirmation of approval for the event until they meet with the Assistant Athletic Director or his/her designee to review the details of the event. The WPEC has the right to rescind the tentative staff approval if the group does not fulfill the obligations set forth in this policy document.
- The sponsoring organization must provide confirmation to the Assistant Athletic Director - Facilities that they have made appropriate arrangements with Emory Customer Service (404-727-7463) for items such as tables, chairs, trash cans, and trash pick-up. Also, any deliveries from outside vendors must be planned in advance and delivery times communicated to the Facilities Staff. All deliveries must be approved by the WPEC Facilities Staff.
- The Facilities staff reserves the right to limit the amount of time provided to the sponsoring organization for set-up and cleanup. In general, a time period of two hours is granted to groups for their set-up and two hours for the cleanup. Special circumstances that require more time for set-up or cleanup will be considered on an individual basis.
- The sponsoring organization will be responsible for canceling the event at least one week prior to the first date of the event or pay the appropriate processing fee. The processing fee for a cancelled Category A event is $50.00, and the processing fee for a cancelled Category B event is $100.00. The smartkey of the sponsoring organization will be billed for the appropriate processing fee in the event of cancellation inside the one-week window.
- The sponsoring organization will also be charged the processing fee if they request any changes to the reservation inside the one-week period. These changes could be, but are not limited to, changes in date, times, or event location. The same processing fees will apply in the event of changes as apply to cancellations.
- The WPEC staff has the right to cancel the event due to inclement weather, or if the facility is deemed unsuitable for occupancy for any reason. In the event that WPEC staff cancels the event, the sponsoring organization will not be liable for the processing/cancellation fee. The WPEC is not responsible for any lost fees, deposits, etc. paid to any outside vendor or organization, or to another Emory department. The WPEC is only responsible to refund any monies paid directly to the WPEC if an event is cancelled by WPEC under these circumstances.
- The sponsoring organization of a Category B event is responsible for paying a WPEC supervisor to be on duty at the beginning of the set up, during the event, and through the conclusion of the event's clean up period. The fee will be $25.00 per hour, and the organization’s account will be billed at the conclusion of the event. The building supervisor is on hand to oversee the set-up and cleanup, to monitor the area for safety or liability concerns, to initiate proper procedures in the event of an emergency and to offer general assistance to the sponsoring organization and to other Emory departments assisting with the event.
- The WPEC also has the right to bill the sponsoring organization’s account for any damages to WPEC facilities or equipment, or if any additional staffing or additional cleanup is required.
- All Greek organizations must contact the Office of Fraternity/Sorority Life for approval for their event PRIOR to completing the WPEC Facility Reservation Request form. Contact Office of Fraternity/Sorority Life in DUC 416E or at 404-727-4142.
- WPEC will not host events for the purpose of raising money for an individual or group of individuals. Furthermore, WPEC will not host events that raise money for an organization unless the money is to be donated to a specific charity. If an event is organized to raise money (e.g., tickets will be sold, entry fees charged, or food/beverages sold), the sponsoring organization must have a prior arrangement with a charity or service organization and all profits (other than any operating costs) must be donated to the charity. The sponsoring organization will be required to provide a letter to the WPEC Facilities Staff which lists name and address of charity, and a detailed schedule for how and when the funds will be disbursed to the organization. There may be a rental fee assessed for use of WPEC facilities if money is being raised for any purpose.
- If an event will have participants who are not current Emory students or faculty/staff/alumni with paid WPEC memberships, those participants are required to purchase WPEC guest passes, OR a rental fee may apply to the event. WPEC guest passes are $10.00 each or $75.00 for 14 passes. Purchase of the guest passes should be arranged through the WPEC Facilities Staff prior to the event, and these guests will be required to present the passes upon entry to the facility. Event organizers must notify WPEC staff in advance if non-Emory guests will participate in the event. If such guest participation is found to occur without prior notice to WPEC staff, the reservation may be cancelled and the organization my be restricted from future reservations in WPEC spaces.
- All WPEC activity areas are cleared 15 minutes prior to the scheduled closing time. Scheduled reservations will also conclude 15 minutes prior to the scheduled WPEC closing time.