The climbing wall was completely renovated in March 1997 to be textured to feel like real stone and provide a larger indoor climbing arena. The arena includes a variety of challenges including corners and overhangs. The climbing arena is located on the 1st floor of the George W. Woodruff Physical Education Center adjacent to the basketball arena.
THE CLIMBING WALL IS OPEN MONDAY AND TUESDAY REGULAR HOURS THIS WEEK!
Fall 2015 Wall Hours
September 2 - December 8, 2015*
MONDAYS - THURSDAYS
4:30 PM - 8:30 PM
4:30 PM - 6:30 PM
*THE WALL WILL BE CLOSED ON THE FOLLOWING DATES:
SEPTEMBER 7, 2015
OCTOBER 9-13, 2015
NOVEMBER 25-27, 2015
Climbing Wall Rules
- All belayers must hold a current belay certification through Play Emory and are required to check-in with a valid ID upon entrance to the climbing arena.
- Non-marking, closed toed, athletic or climbing shoes only. No barefoot climbing.
- Secure loose jewelry/glasses and remove all objects from pockets before climbing.
- No food, drink, or gum/candy is allowed in the climbing wall area.
- All personal equipment must be approved by the climbing wall staff.
- Climbing in the climbing wall area outside of regular hours is prohibited.
- Please be courteous and respectful to other participants.
- Climb safely and have fun!