The climbing wall was completely renovated in March 1997 to be textured to feel like real stone and provide a larger indoor climbing arena. The arena includes a variety of challenges including corners and overhangs. The climbing arena is located on the 1st floor of the George W. Woodruff Physical Education Center adjacent to the basketball arena.
Fall 2014 Climbing Wall Hours*
*Due to staffing issues, the ERCA will not open until September 15, 2014 - Thank you for your patience as we work to ensure all our staff is properly trained for your safety!
September 15 - November 21, 2014
(Wall is closed October 10th-14th for Fall Break and November 24th-28th for Thanksgiving Break)
Mondays - Thursdays
4:30pm - 8:30pm
Fridays 4:30pm - 6:30pm
Climbing Wall Rules
- All belayers must hold a current belay certification through Play Emory and are required to check-in with a valid ID upon entrance to the climbing arena.
- Non-marking, closed toed, athletic or climbing shoes only. No barefoot climbing.
- Secure loose jewelry/glasses and remove all objects from pockets before climbing.
- No food, drink, or gum/candy is allowed in the climbing wall area.
- All personal equipment must be approved by the climbing wall staff.
- Climbing in the climbing wall area outside of regular hours is prohibited.
- Please be courteous and respectful to other participants.
- Climb safely and have fun!